Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One of my favorite places…Nando's!

Nando's!!!

I’d like to wax poetic about a little (BIG) chain of restaurants in the UK called Nando’s!  Now, if you are residing in or around Washington DC or Maryland, you may have seen/eaten here. It came to the US a few years ago, but still hasn’t made it out of DC and Maryland yet. Sad.

Moving on, this gem is an inexpensive but tasty place to eat. They tout themselves as a Portuguese grilled chicken restaurant. I don’t know whether or not it’s particularly Portuguese and I don’t care. All I know is I LOVE their food. They have a variety of heat levels that range from the wimpiest Lemon and Herb (that’s herb with an ‘H’…if you say ‘erb,’ they look at you like you’ve sprouted wings) to Extra Hot. Just about everything is chicken, though they have some Vegetarian fare and one beef option, though why you’d choose beef is beyond me. And this is coming from a confirmed beef lover.

My dinner of choice: Lemon and Herb Chicken Breast Burger, a side of chips and some Perinaise (Peri-Peri sauce is their signature sauce that comes in a variety of heat levels, though only one is used for the Peri-Peri mayonnaise). I’m in heaven just thinking about it.

If you haven’t tried it, give it a whirl while you're in the UK. I won’t guarantee you’ll love it, but you might and that in and of itself is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment